Hello BBT readers,
Welcome to another edition of recipe Thursday. So today there’s a lot going on in this dish as it includes, fish, plantain, and gizzard. I thought about turning the fish that had been in my freezer for some time into something but I wanted more than just the fish on my plate so I came up with a plantain and peppered gizzard on a stick. It’s a very easy and stress-free dish so no worries. To go about this recipe, then continue reading;
Ingredients used in creating this dish are listed below (including the pepper sauce and kebab);
Dry chili powder
Red pepper flakes
Canola oil(any vegetable oil is okay)
Directions for oven grilled fish;
- I used Onion powder, garlic powder, ginger powder, white pepper, black pepper, paprika powder, dry chili powder, red pepper flakes, maggi cube, salt, and canola oil to season the fish before marinating in the refrigerator. (You can marinate overnight or a for few hours before use).
- Once fish is nicely marinated, preheat your oven to 350°F. Once your oven is ready, place fish on a foil paper on a baking tray and set down in the oven.
- After about thirty minutes, check fish and turn the other side of the fish to allow it cook as well.
- After another thirty minutes, check fish to see if it is nicely cooked.
Directions for peppered gizzard;
- Boil gizzard until tender.
- Heat a tbsp of oil and fry blended tomato and scotch bonnet.
- Stir occasionally before adding your tender gizzard and stir fry for a minute or two before bringing down from the heat.
- Your peppered gizzard is ready.
Directions for fried plantain;
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry ripe plantain.
Directions for peppered onion;
- Heat a tbsp of oil in a saucepan and fry onions before adding blended tomato and scotch bonnet. Add a pinch of curry powder and salt then stir occasionally and bring down from heat after about three minutes.
After preparing everything, I decorated the plate with spinach leaves due to the spinach and apple smoothie that was served with it. Fried plantain and peppered gizzard was decorated on a kebab stick to add just a liru bit of spice to the dish.
You can serve with a spinach and apple home made smoothie.
Spinach and apple smoothie recipe, click Spinach and Apple Smoothie recipe (dairy free).
Don’t forget to share with family and friends and most especially subscribe so you don’t miss out on giveaways, recipes, stories etc. You can do that by clicking on the follow button below.