Hello BBT readers,
Meat pie wrap? You must be wondering. So we all know the famous Nigerian meat pie or if you don’t know it’s one of the most eaten snacks in Nigeria, very yummy 😝. Okay so as usual, I never have the complete ingredients I want or need to make a particular dish so I improvise. In this case, I was craving meat pie but didn’t have enough flour. Basically, I didn’t feel like doing the regular and also because the minced beef I had was just remaining a little anyway so I opted for a pita bread wrap that I had left and turned this snack into my own. The ingredients I used are listed below;
Pita bread wrap
Shikena (that’s not an ingredient 👀).
Cooking the meaty sauce…
- Pour a little oil in a saucepan and wait for it to get heated (not scorching hot to the extent that your onions get burnt when you add it to the heat) before frying the onions.
- After just a few seconds of stirring the onions, add your minced beef, then begin to add your salt, maggi, onion powder, garlic powder, ginger powder, black pepper, white pepper, and curry. I didn’t have thyme but if you like you can add just a little thyme. You don’t want your sauce to smell or taste like curry, thyme or any of the other ingredients is the dominant ingredient so be careful with the spices.
- After cooking and stirring for some minutes till meat is cooked, add your veggies (I used frozen veggies which included green peas, carrots, green beans and sweet corn. I know this is not the usual but it is up to you to add whatever veggies you like. These were all I had and wanted to use) and fry for a minute before putting in your Irish potatoes. At this point, add very little water to the sauce and cover to simmer so that the potatoes can be properly cooked with your heat on the low.
- After about three minutes, mix your corn flour or starch (just a little) with a little water depending on the quantity of your sauce. Stir until it is smooth before adding it to your sauce.
- You should see that the sauce thickens a little but still has some juiciness and moist to it after two minutes.
- Taste for salt and flavor. If satisfied, then bring down from the heat and your sauce is ready.
- Get a wrap and lay it flat on a surface. Pour your sauce in the middle of the wrap to form a line just as in the pictures below. I placed the sauce in the middle so it would be easier to wrap.
- Now wrap the wrap. See what I did there? Wrap the wrap, get it? 😂 Okay, I’m serious 🙂
- And place in a preheated oven for about three to five minutes and voila! Your very own meat pie wrap. Easy right! Tell me what you think below.
Have any question and feel I left out something, let me know below in the comment section. I’ll be sure to reply.
Don’t forget to subscribe if you haven’t oo;